“This is exactly what the president’s new policy of engaging Cuba is all about,” said Jeffrey Boutwell, board member with the Latin America Working Group Education Fund in Washington, D.C. Boutwell was also in Cuba for the tournament and met Thompson there. “Mr. Thompson’s program is providing and empowering the Cuban society in a non-governmental way by providing resources and expertise that can benefit the local Cuban economy.” – See more at: http://www2.tbo.com/news/politics/havana-fishing-event-brings-anglers-worlds-together-20150704/#sthash.CvOPC0M8.dpuf
Cayo Santa Maria is located in the “Garden of the King” preserve on Cuba’s north shore. It’s known for tarpon (see Gaff magazine July 2013) and big bonefish.
This is a fly or spin location.
Saturday, Nov 14th
• Flight arrival in Havana
• Greeted at airport, transfer to hotel (not included).
• Night at 4-Star Hotel (included in package)
• 9:00 am Meet in Hotel lobby for transfer to Villa Las Brujas
• Free afternoon
• Night at Villa Las Brujas
• 7.30 am wake-up call, breakfast
• Fishing full day with packed lunch
• Return in the afternoon
• Nights at Villa Las Brujas
• Wake-up /breakfast
• Ground Transfer to Habana International Airport
Low season rate $3,ooo. plus tips.
Fly direct and save.